The Mission of the CCB is to
- Foster innovative research that reveals the mechanisms, general principles, and applications of biological rhythms in diverse organisms.
- Provide support for investigators to incorporate the study of daily rhythmicity into their biological studies, particularly as it relates to behavior, physiology and medicine.
- Form alliances among scientists working in basic and clinical aspects of circadian biology.
- Mentor undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral students in cross-disciplinary approaches through circadian biology research.
- Produce and disseminate materials for education and scientific advocacy on circadian biology, a topic of intrinsic interest and broad societal relevance.
The CCB administrative suite includes a conference room and two administrative offices. We are located in the Applied Physics & Math building (AP&M) 2nd floor North annex.
Conference room, AP&M 2840
Our beautifully appointed conference room is outfitted with a state-of-the-art Smart Board, with a laptop provided for your presentations. It includes an interactive whiteboard system which allows you to create, organize and save notes, drawings and screen captures. It has a very large conference table and seating for 24. For availability, please see our CCB Conference Room Calendar. For reservations, please contact Pattie Magallanez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 534-4409.
The CCB offers administrative support to improve the effectiveness of circadian biology research programs and to facilitate multi-investigator interactions. Some of the key services are listed below:
- CCB provides support for submitting applications for and administering grants such as those that cross departmental borders, involve multiple investigators, or provide fellowship support for jointly-sponsored students and postdocs.
- CCB can serve as a university affiliation for research personnel, such as sabbatical visitors, who are not on the university payroll.
- CCB staff will help in identifying sources and opportunities that are available to fund research projects, and investigating and interpreting the submission instructions to insure a solid application.
- CCB provides assistance with Academic and Staff Personnel actions as well as visa regulations, policies and procedures.
- CCB staff members assist in organizing meetings, seminars, and receptions, and scheduling conference facilities.
- CCB provides general administrative support including technical typing and assistance with figures and text for CCB-related publications.