Scripps Seaside Forum, UC San Diego
UC San Diego's Center for Circadian Biology (CCB) will host its 12th Annual Circadian Biology Symposium. We have invited a select, stellar group of chronobiologists from around the country and beyond, and a few local colleagues, to speak at this symposium. Each year, the symposium attracts leaders in the field, with active participation from our 56 PIs within the CCB. We welcome and encourage registrants from your research personnel, other institutions, and industry.
Registration will be opening soon
The aims of the conference are to:
- Provide participants with a comprehensive view of modern circadian biology.
- Exchange a broad spectrum of ideas and techniques in circadian biology.
- Promote interactions among the faculty and lab personnel of UC San Diego, Circadian Biology Center, the invited speakers, and other participants.
- Further acquaint the speakers, their groups, and other registrants with the depth and breadth of circadian biology research conducted at UC San Diego.
Gad Asher (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
Brooks, John (UT Southwestern Medical Center)
Joanna Chiu (UC Davis)
Chiara Cirelli (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
Jason DeBruyne (Morehouse School of Medicine)
Karyn Esser (University of Florida, College of Medicine)
Samer Hattar (National Institute of Mental Health)
Girardin Jean-Louis (University of Miami, School of Medicine)
Alex Keene (Texas A&M University)
Ryan Logan (Boston University School of Medicine)
Michael McCarthy (UC San Diego)
Connie Phong (Stanford Medicine)
Padmini Rangamani (UC San Diego)
Benjamin Smarr (UC San Diego)
Kristin Tessmar-Raible (Max Perutz Labs, University of Vienna)
Carlos Zarate (National Institute of Mental Health)
Amir Zarrinpar (UC San Diego)
Juleen Zierath (Karolinska Institute, Sweden)
Schedule coming soon
Registration will be opening soon
- 3-day registration includes: Monday refreshment break; Tuesday & Wednesday breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks; and Wednesday evening happy hour and banquet dinner.
- Single-day registration includes: breakfast and lunch on Tuesday or Wednesday; and all refreshment breaks.
- Banquet add-on includes: Wednesday evening happy hour and banquet dinner (bring a guest or single-day registration attendee).
For assistance with registration, please contact:
Tuesday, Feb 8, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
We welcome our registered attendees to participate. We will have 4 prize awards valued at $75 each. One First Place poster award, and three Outstanding posters awards.
Submission guidelines coming soon
1st Place Poster:
Tara C. Delorme (Graduate Student, Cermakian & Srivastava labs, McGill University, Montreal, Canada) – The interaction between circadian disruption and a neurodevelopmental risk factor for schizophrenia
Our 3 Outstanding Posters:
Bharath Ananthasubramaniam (Research Scientist, Charite Medical University, Berlin, Germany) – Studies overestimate the extent of circadian rhythm reprogramming in response to metabolic changes
Leandro Casiraghi (Research Associate, Horacio de la Iglesia lab, University of Washington, Seattle) – Modulation of human sleep by the moon cycle under field conditions
Yafin Yao (Graduate Student, Rae Silver lab, Columbia University, New York) – The brain clock’s portal system: SCN-OVLT
Sponsorship Information - An exciting event and opportunity
The 12th Annual Symposium, hosted by the Center for Circadian Biology (CCB), at UC San Diego, Bringing together over 150 attendees for this 3-day event.
The symposium features an unparalleled breadth and depth of leading-edge research and groundbreaking biological timing discoveries in plants, animals and humans, and spans molecular biology to clinical applications. By sponsoring, you will join the Who’s Who in circadian research in this exciting venture and help us invent the future.
To become a sponsor or learn more, please contact:
Pattie Stoughton - email@example.com
Ana Minvielle - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for sponsorship information
- Susan Golden (CCB Director, Molecular Biology, UC San Diego)
- Amir Zarrinpar (CCB Associate Director, Gastroenterology, UC San Diego)
- Sonia Ancoli-Israel (Psychiatry, UC San Diego)
- Stu Brody (Molecular Biology, UC San Diego)
- William Joiner (Pharmacology, UC San Diego)
- Katja Lamia (Scripps Research)
- Atul Malhotra (Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, UC San Diego)
- Michael McCarthy (Psychiatry, UC San Diego)
- Satchin Panda (Salk Institute)
- Jose Pruneda-Paz (Cell and Developmental Biology, UC San Diego)
- Dorothy Sears (Endocrinology & Metabolism, UC San Diego)
- Benjamin Smarr (Bioengineering, UC San Diego)
- Karen Tonsfeldt (Reproductive Medicine, UC San Diego)
- David Welsh (Psychiatry, UC San Diego)
For additional information, please contact:
Many thanks to our generous sponsors of 2022